Awards and honors
- ASH Abstract Achievement Award from the 59th Annual Meeting of American Society of Hematology, December 9th-12th, 2017 at Georgia, Atlanta.
- ASH Abstract Achievement Award from the 58th Annual Meeting of American Society of Hematology, December 3-6, 2016 at San Diego, California.
- Doctor of Medicine (1st honors) under the Medical Scholars Program, Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Thailand
- ASH Travel Award from the 50th Annual Meeting of American Society of Hematology, December 6-9, 2008 at San Francisco, California.
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Science with first class honours.
- Award for the best oral presenter in The 6th Science Project Exhibition, Faculty of Science, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand.
Activities and honors
- Visiting research student at MRC Molecular Haematology UnitWeatherall Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Oxford, Oxford, United Kingdom
- An introductory course for DNA cloning, Institute of Science and Technology for Research and Development, Mahidol University, Thailand
- Taher AT, Cappellini MD, Kattamis A, Voskaridou E, Perrotta S, Piga AG, .., Ekwattanakit S, et al. Luspatercept for the treatment of anaemia in non-transfusion-dependent β-thalassaemia (BEYOND): a phase 2, randomised, double-blind, multicentre, placebo-controlled trial. Lancet Haematol. 2022 Aug 22;S2352-3026(22)00208-3.
- Xu JZ, Foe M, Tanongsaksakul W, Suksangpleng T, Ekwattanakit S, Riolueang S, et al. Identification of optimal thalassemia screening strategies for migrant populations in Thailand using a qualitative approach. BMC Public Health. 2021 Oct 6;21(1):1796.
- Ekwattanakit S, Hantaweepant C, Khuhapinant A, Siritanaratkul N, Viprakasit V. An urgent need for improving thalassemia care due to the wide gap in current real-life practice and clinical practice guidelines. Sci Rep. 2021 Jun 24;11(1):13283.
- Xu JZ, Tanongsaksakul W, Suksangpleng T, Ekwattanakit S, Riolueang S, Telen MJ, Viprakasit V. Feasibility of and barriers to thalassemia screening in migrant populations: a cross-sectional study of Myanmar and Cambodian migrants in Thailand. BMC Public Health. 2021 Jun 21;21(1):1177.
- Wudhikarn K, Bunworasate U, Julamanee J, Lekhakula A, Ekwattanakit S, Khuhapinant A, et al. Event-free Survival at 12 Months Is a Strong Surrogate Endpoint for Stage 1 Diffuse Large B Cell Lymphoma: A Report From Nation Wide Registry Thai Lymphoma Study Group. Leuk Lymphoma. 2020 Nov;61(11):2614-2621. doi: 10.1080/10428194.2020.1780586.
- Cappellini MD, Viprakasit V, Taher AT, Georgiev P, Kuo KHM, Coates T, .., Ekwattanakit S, et al. A Phase 3 Trial of Luspatercept in Patients With Transfusion-Dependent β-Thalassemia. N Engl J Med. 2020 Mar 26;382(13):1219-1231.
- Wudhikarn K, Bunworasate U, Julamanee J, Lekhakula A, Ekwattanakit S, et al. Characteristics, treatment patterns, prognostic determinants and outcome of peripheral T cell lymphoma and natural killer/T cell non-Hodgkin Lymphoma in older patients: The result of the nationwide multi-institutional registry Thai Lymphoma Study Group. J Geriatr Oncol. 2020 Jan;11(1):62-68.
- Wudhikarn K, Bunworasate U, Julamanee J, Lekhakula A, Ekwattanakit S, Khuhapinant A, et al. Event free survival at 24 months is a strong surrogate prognostic endpoint of peripheral T cell lymphoma. Hematol Oncol. 2019 Dec;37(5):578-585.
- Hockham C, Ekwattanakit S, Bhatt S, Penman BS, Gupta S, Viprakasit V, Piel FB. Estimating the burden of α-thalassaemia in Thailand using a comprehensive prevalence database for Southeast Asia. Elife. 2019 May 23;8:e40580.
- Xu JZ, Riolueang S, Glomglao W, Tachavanich K, Suksangpleng T, Ekwattanakit S, Viprakasit V. The origin of sickle cell disease in Thailand. Int J Lab Hematol. 2019 Feb;41(1):e13-e16.
- Ekwattanakit S, Siritanaratkul N, Viprakasit V. A prospective analysis for prevalence of thalassemia related complications in Thai non-transfusion-dependent thalassemia (NTDT) with a special focus on Hb E/β-thalassemia and α-thalassemia (Hb H disease). Am J Hematol. 2018 May;93(5):623-629.
- van Straaten S, Bierings M, Bianchi P, Akiyoshi K, Kanno H, Badell Serra I, Chen J, Huang X, van Beers E, Ekwattanakit S, et al. Worldwide study of hematopoietic allogeneic stem cell transplantation in pyruvate kinase deficiency. Haematologica. 2018;103(2):e82-e86.
- Ekwattanakit S, Riolueang S, Viprakasit V. Interaction between Hb E and Hb Yala (HBB:c.129delT); a novel frameshift beta globin gene mutation, resulting in Hemoglobin E/β0 thalassemia. Hematology. 2018;23(2):117-121.
- Ekwattanakit S, Nakavachara P, Viprakasit V. Microsoft® office excel-based worksheet program for rapid calculation of weight-for-age (WA) and height-for-age (HA) Z-scores in thai pediatric population (THAI-Z). Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health. 2017;48(suppl 2):183-191.
- Wudhikarn K, Bunworasate U, Julamanee J, Lekhakula A, Chuncharunee S, Niparuck P, Ekwattanakit S, et al. Secondary central nervous system relapse in diffuse large B cell lymphoma in a resource limited country: result from the Thailand nationwide multi-institutional registry. Ann Hematol. 2017 Jan;96(1):57-64.
- Viprakasit V, Ekwattanakit S, Riolueang S, Chalaow N, Fisher C, Lower K, et al. Mutations in Kruppel-like factor 1 cause transfusion-dependent hemolytic anemia and persistence of embryonic globin gene expression. Blood. 2014 Mar 6;123(10):1586-95.
2014 Viprakasit V, Ekwattanakit S, Chalaow N, Riolueang S, Wijit S, Tanyut P, et al. Clinical presentation and molecular identification of four uncommon alpha globin variants in Thailand. Initiation codon mutation of α2-globin Gene (HBA2:c.1delA), donor splice site mutation of α1-globin gene (IVSI-1, HBA1:c.95 + 1G>A), hemoglobin Queens Park/Chao Pra Ya (HBA1:c.98T>A) and hemoglobin Westmead (HBA2:c.369C>G). Acta Haematol. 2014;131(2):88-94.
- Ekwattanakit S, Monteerarat Y, Riolueang S, Tachavanich K, Viprakasit V. Association of Xmn I polymorphism and hemoglobin E haplotypes on postnatal gamma globin gene expression in homozygous hemoglobin E. Adv Hematol. 2012;2012:528075.
Hi! How can we help you?
Hi! How can we help you?
Hi! How can we help you?