November 22, 2022
How Well Do You Know About Cancer?
Cancer is a disease that is caused by the uncontrolled abnormal cells production in human organs that eventually forms a cancer tumor. Cancer can spread from the affected organ to the nearby organs or other organs through the blood circulation system and lymphatic system depending on the origin location and the type of cancer cells.
Types of Cancer:
- Carcinoma: This type of cancer is originated from the organs
- Sarcoma: This type of cancer is originated from tissues
- Leukemia: This type of cancer is originated from the blood cells in the bone marrow
- Lymphoma and Myeloma: This type of cancer is originated from lymph node and immune system
- Central nervous system cancers: This type of cancer is originated from the brain and spinal bone marrow
Common Causes of Cancer:
- Cigarette smoking
- Sunshine or Ultraviolet exposure
- Radiation exposure
- Chemical exposure
- Viruses and Bacteria
- Estrogen hormone imbalance
- Alcoholic beverage consumption
- Risky behaviors (e.g. unhealthy food consumption, inadequate sleep, lack of exercise, stress, etc.)
For more information, kindly contact Vejthani Hospital’s Cancer Center at +66(0)2-734-0000 Ext. 4500, 4501 or +66(0)85-223-8888 (English Hotline).
November 17, 2022
Which parts of the body can have cancer?
November 16, 2022